Fishing Rules & Rates
Please read these rules carefully
1. NO TAPERED LEADERS – We recommend a minimum 10lb straight leader. I use
12lb to 15lb straight leader. TOO MANY BIG FISH have been lost on tapered leaders. We
reserve the right to charge you R250,00 for any fish broken off on a tapered leader as that fish
will not survive.
2. BARBLESS HOOKS – Please flatten all barbs (Pliers on loan at the house).
ANY BODY FOUND USING A BARBED HOOK WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FARM
3. THE USE OF 2 FLIES IN TANDEM OR DROPPER FLIES IS NOT PERMITTED. (Strike indicators are permitted). NO EGG PATTERN FLIES ARE TO BE USED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. Try not to touch the fish when releasing. Hold the leader (10lb), take long nose pliers and
Release the fish in the water. If you want a picture,wet your hands,lift the fish under gills to side
fins and your other hand on the tail. Do not squeeze the fish to death, just hold firmly. Take
your picture and release.
5. THESE DAMS ARE CATCH AND RELEASE. Should you want to eat a trout, we suggest about 800gm to 1kg. The cost to take a trout out is R200,00 per kg.
You don’t have to kill fish, we have moulds of all sizes for trophy mounts.
Just measure your fish, take a picture and we will do the rest.
Biggest fish – 6,50kg – caught in the middle dam (Dean Jones dam)
Biggest fish – 5,63kg – caught in the top dam
Biggest fish – 6,30kg – caught in the bottom dam
Biggest fish – 7,10kg – caught in the bottom dam – 81cm
– 7,40kg – caught in the bottom dam – 84cm
Biggest brown – 6,20kg
ENJOY YOUR FISHING, IF YOU DON’T KNOW, ASK AND WE CAN HELP
Day fishing: R300,00 per angler per day
Cottage guests: R200,00 per angler per day
Contact Gary on 082 413 5003
for any fishing related questions.